Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

 

Corbin experienced his first boat ride this weekend! He was unhappy at first about his life jacket, but we stuck the pacifier in his mouth and threw him in the boat anyway…isn’t that what any good parent would do?

During the boat ride he neither showed joy nor contempt. Most of the time Corbin kept his eyes shut, sucked his pacifier for dear life and seemed to just indulging Chris and I in our excitement for him to experience the lake. Thanks Corbin!

IMG_0601

IMG_0604

IMG_0608

The rest of the weekend we spent hanging by the lake and then going to play with Cousin Collin. Oh these two are going to make quite a pair when they get older. I have a feeling that their dads are going to get them in lots of trouble…egging them on to do things that the moms may not necessarily approve of;)

IMG_0625IMG_0623

On a side note, Chris and I deserve parental awards for not bathing our baby in 4 days;) Yup, the poor child.

Sunday, I was holding Corbin and I noticed a very black spot on his head. I rubbed it and it felt hard and crusty. “Oh my goodness, it’s some type of scab that I hadn’t even noticed,” I thought. I alerted Chris of the matter, he looked at it, and unconcerned said he thought it was some type of sticky substance stuck to his head. What!?!

Does this slight oversight reflect badly on our parenting? ;) We just got busy at the lake and Corbin was going to sleep earlier than usual and we just never got around to bathing him. Oh my, poor Corbin. You know it’s time for a bath when you have food stuck to your head (and you don’t even eat solids)!

So, like good parents we waited until the next day to give him a bath. (Seriously, we weren’t at home on Sunday and by the time we did get home he was asleep for the night) But, first thing Monday morning we bathed the child, promise. :)

 IMG_0627

“Hey, mom and dad, I could use a little help here.  I have food stuck in my hair.  Honestly, it’s been four days, could you clean a kid up.  I really need to be smellin’ fresh for the ladies.  And right now, I don’t”

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!!! Don't feel bad about not bathing him. Babies skin is so sensitive it can get too dry if you bathe them too much (that's just from my own experience). The same thing happened to us after Jayce was a couple months old. You are doing great with him. He looks like he is getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete