Friday, July 16, 2010

Bumbo Seat

 

You all said it would happen; time will fly, Corbin will grow up fast, and I will be sitting wondering where my baby went. Well, we are taking small steps in that direction.

Corbin no longer is content to lay in my lap. He wants to sit up. He’s constantly working on pulling himself up to a sitting position…“trying” being the key word. It’s really fun to watch him work so hard, and he’s so determined to sit up on his own.

However, there are times where I just want him to lay there like he used to. I have to stop myself from saying “no Corbin stop trying to sit up, just lay there for me.” I don’t want to stunt his growth and have him laying in my lap as an adult, so I push him and work with him to practice sitting up. Even though, at times, my heart hurts to see him grow up, but another part of me is SO excited to see him grow up and change. There are the oxymorons of parenting again….joy and angst all at the same time.

Anyway, to aide in his desire to sit up we tried him in his Bumbo seat and he seems to like it for the most part. He was a little unsure at first, but on the next couple of times in the seat he seemed to find a new friend in the Bumbo seat.

 IMG_0835IMG_0836

 IMG_0841

No comments:

Post a Comment