Monday, October 22, 2012

What Could Compare

It was beautiful weather so Corbin and I packed up and went to the park.

The park was empty.  Not a person there except ourselves…how exciting!

But the vast empty playground could not compare to a dirty little water puddle found on the sidewalk.  No, no, the swings, slides, ladders, and equipment had nothing on that dirty little water puddle.

He jumped in the dirty water.  He ran through the dirty water.  And he fell in the dirty water.

WP_000380

WP_000384

I cringed.  I kept my mouth shut.  And when I could bear it no longer, we left for home.

This is what he looked like on the ride home.

 WP_000386

Bare naked boy (except for his undies).  I had to strip the boy down of shoes, socks, jeans, and shirt because it was all soaking wet and covered in mud. 

Yuck!  I’m not a boy and I don’t understand the appeal of being covered in water and mud, but apparently “it’s fun” says Corbin.

So I offered an opportunity for Corbin to play in an empty DRY park and he chose the wet dirty puddle instead.  Yup, he’s a boy and I’m a mom of a boy…my washer will attest to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment