Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sweetness Unwrapped

This morning at about 12:45 am Corbin woke up and was whimpering and calling out for us.  He started to develop a runny nose the other day, and waking at night is very unusual for him.  He sounded so congested I knew that he needed something.

So I went in and he just said “Mommy” and laid there while I stroked his head and he went back to sleep.  I guess he just needed a little comfort to go back to sleep because he wasn’t feeling well.

Later this morning Corbin came up to me and said “Mommy, I’m sorry I was crying.”  I asked “When were you crying?”  He said “last night, I’m sorry”.

Oh sweet baby, he was apologizing for crying out during the night when he was sick!  That was so sweet and of course I told him I didn’t mind and that we’d always be there when he needed us.

Even later that morning Chris informed me that after he got Corbin up he told Chris that “Mommy woke me up last night.”  Too funny!  No Corbin, you woke Mommy up, but that’s ok because you were just a little precious piece of sweetness in the morning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment