Friday, October 19, 2012

Stick With It

Corbin has many qualities that we love.  But one in particular has always stood out to me.  He has tenacity and an ability to keep at an activity or goal he sets for himself despite what the odds look like.

IMG_6298

I feel bad, but sometimes I flat out tell Corbin he should stop trying because it appears to me that what he wants to accomplish will not happen.  However, despite my warning to stop because the task is too difficult or next to impossible, he keeps at it and more often than not I’m proven wrong.  He accomplishes what I thought was not going to work.  How bad do I feel, but how proud I am that he keeps working and working at something.

A few days ago we were working with Play-Doh and he was determined to build a bridge.  I wasn’t really sure how this was going to be accomplished.  So I just sat back and Corbin went to work.  It took a while; it took many different design efforts and it took a lot of tenacity, but he never gave up and he built a bridge.  Granted it was not the sturdiest of bridges, but it was a bridge.

IMG_6314

 

IMG_6315

IMG_6299

IMG_6313

I am so very proud of not what he accomplished, but the amount of effort and work he put into succeeding.  I truly believe that some of the most successful people are not those who are the smartest or most gifted at something, but people who are willing to work the hardest and never give up.

I pray that Corbin will always work hard and have a fierce tenacity to never give up!

IMG_6308

1 comment:

  1. love this! so fun to randomly see you yesterday! love you friend.

    ReplyDelete