Friday, October 26, 2012

Doctor Corbin

I was under the weather at the beginning of this week.  But as a stay at home mom it’s not like I can call in sick and have a quiet restful time to recover.  I still am responsible for the care of a two year old.

My worst day was Monday and I was not feeling well and really dreading the day.  But to my surprise I actually had some of the best care in the form of my two year old! 

I know, I wouldn’t associate a two year old with comfort and care, but that’s what happened.

Sweet Corbin sat by me on the couch and played quietly with puzzles and then every once in awhile he would come up to my face and just stroke it very gently.

He would ask me “is there anything you need?”  While that is super sweet and I appreciated that he thought of me I knew I could not count on any actual follow through.  I really wanted to say “yes, you can get me a bowl of chicken noodle soup, another glass of water, two aspirin, and a new box of Kleenexes,” but somehow I knew that was probably asking too much.

Corbin would also occasionally tell me “You’ll get better Mommy, don’t worry.”  I was so glad to have such a qualified health professional reassuring me that I would be fine;)

Overall, Corbin showed so much care and thoughtfulness while I was sick.  It made my heart happy to know that my two year old had the ability to show empathy.  I pray that always continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment