Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pinterest Follow Through

I blogged about my new obsession with Pinterest in November.  I still love it, I still have boards full of ideas and stuff, but I began to wonder what do I do with it? 

I have used a few recipes from Pinterest.  But I have mostly just THOUGHT about making recipes, decorating my house, or creating some craft that I have found.  My actual follow-through in doing anything from Pinterest is slim to none.

So I began to wonder: what do people do with their Pinterest boards?  Is there anyone who is actually being productive with the information they have attached to their boards?  Or are they wasting endless hours, like me, perusing Pinterest with the full awareness that most likely anything they pin will just sit on their board and die a slow death of boredom because nothing is actually going to be put into action. 

However, after further “deep reflection” about this matter I concluded that it doesn’t matter.  I enjoy my hypothetical wonderings and pinnings on Pinterest. I enjoy thinking about doing those things I pin far more than I would if I actually went out and tried to create, craft, or construct any of the ideas.  So I will continue to waste my idle time on Pinterest because it’s fun and enjoyable.  If anything productive actually comes from my pinnings then hooray, that’s a bonus and I will be pleasantly surprised at my “nonproductive Pinterest self”.

Happy Pinning!

1 comment:

  1. You're right. It's a bonus to do it. :) Fun stuff to just look through, do some relaxing browsing. I try to create at least one pin a month. There's a blog I read sometimes, Young House Love, that hosts a "pinterest challenge" each season to get their readers to do some. I might "enter" next time it comes around.

    ReplyDelete