Saturday, January 14, 2012

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Winter temperatures are sure to pop up soon which will put us inside more and more.  So I am trying to create an arsenal of activities that will burn off some energy and keep Corbin active when this Momma doesn’t want to brave the cold temperatures outside.

An idea I came across (and I’m sorry I don’t remember where…I wish I could give this person credit but I don’t remember) is musical hide and seek.

The idea is simply to take a music playing stuffed animal, hide it in a different room, and then have your kiddo run to find the animal.

Corbin has really loved this activity and he’s fun to watch.  Down our hallway we have three doorways and he always stops in the middle of the hall and listens SO carefully to decide which room to go in.

IMG_3362

Then he runs into the room, stops again, looks around and begins to walk slowly to the sound.

IMG_3350

Once and awhile he will hide the animal for me to find, but I don’t think he fully understands that concept.  Most of the time his “hiding” is throwing the animal on the floor and then pulling me to the exact spot:)  But for older kiddos that could be a fun variation for them.

Happy musical hide and seek!

IMG_3370

No comments:

Post a Comment