Tuesday, January 17, 2012

P90X Update #1

My three loyal blog followers have been clamoring for an update on Chris and my new exercise program.  So to give my loyal readers what they want I’ll write a brief update. 

Chris and I have completed two weeks of P90X and are still fully functioning human beings!  From the beginning the outlook appeared grim:  up at 5:00am and working out 6 days a week sounded like we might be long gone, but we’ve survived.  We have not sustained any major injuries or severe muscle soreness and continue to press forward.

The overall biggest surprise to me was the “do-ability” of P90X.  I was intimidated before we began, but it’s not all that bad.  If you are in decent shape you’ll be able to do most everything they are doing.  You might not be able to do quite as many repetitions as the instructor, but you’d be surprised that it’s not as hard as it looks.  Having said that, you must understand I imagined it would be a near-death experience.  In fact, I was worried that since we were doing it downstairs we might not be able to drag ourselves back up the stairs, but that’s not been the case. :)

Overall, most days are ok.  Monday’s are the worst because you work on arms and chest.  The main focus of that exercise is pull ups and push ups.  Oh. My. Word.  I had not idea mankind had so many variations of the pushups.  From military, to wide-v, diamond to elevated….the list continues and they are exhausting and horrendous.  For me, definitely the worst part the program.

The most amusing part is yoga.  Watching Chris (and I’m sure myself, but I can’t see myself) do some of those poses is ridiculous!  Also they end that session with “Ohhmms”…I kid you not.  They loudly “ohhmm” it out and it’s just too cheesy for words.

Oh, the most pressing question on your mind I’m sure is if we have lost weight or look better.  Nope and nope.  Nothing much has happened yet…give it time, right?  Well things better be happening soon because I’m not up before the sun, sweating it out in my basement just for the fun of it.

So, we are on a good start but it’s just the beginning of a long road ahead…bring it on P90X!

No comments:

Post a Comment