Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pooped Out

A trend has begun at the Williams’ household this past week.

It’s not a good one.

It’s not a pleasant one.

It’s actually on the verge of unspeakable.

Corbin loves his jumper (the one I put together…by myself!) and uses it daily.

So, this past week like normal we scheduled some time to go play on the jumper. A good time was being had by all when a foul odor rose up from the direction of Corbin’s seat.

IMG_1867

The smell, it triggered an old memory. My breathing went rapid, my heart rate increased and I went into a full on panic. Oh my goodness, flashback to the restaurant blow out diaper!!!!

Oh yes people, Corbin pooped…while jumping. Not any old poop, nope a big, juicy, runny one. (Sorry if this is too graphic, but please imagine what I experienced in real life!!)

I picked him up and dangled him two feet in front of me (There was no reason for me to get hit by the poop if it could be helped) and dashed up the stairs, down the hallway and into his room. I laid him on the changing table and braced myself for what I was about to see.

Slowly, I pulled off the pants…..oh my goodness. It’s there, dripping all over his legs. But when you’re jumping, stuff doesn’t just go down, oh no it goes up as well. So I unsnapped his onesie (which, by the way, meant I had to actually touch the poop. There may have been some gagging involved!). His back was covered halfway up with the mess.

Of course this meant it was also on his onesie, and to remove that I had to go over his head. So the mess spread all the way up and onto his head by the time I got the shirt off.

Well needless to say he got a bath and I got about 20 minutes of clean up work. :)

So, how is this incident a trend? Because this occurrence didn’t just happen once; we are up to three times. Three times in one week! Is the jumper now cursed?

IMG_1875

I’m in a moral dilemma right now because on the one hand I see how much joy and pleasure Corbin has playing in his jumper, but on the other hand three times now the jumper has been the cause of some nasty poop related clean up messes.

I want to put a ban on going in the jumper, but I know that would be selfish…or would it? I am going a little crazy from cleaning up this mess. I could say that it would just be helping me keep my sanity and how could that be selfish?

I’m sure that I’ll let him keep jumping (so please don’t email me Mom and tell me that I’m denying your sweet little grandson pleasure ;) , but I am praying that this little trend will soon stop.

IMG_1866

No comments:

Post a Comment