Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mission Accomplished

Corbin is almost 4 months old, and he is doing well with holding his head up. He now has a constant desire to sit up. So, we thought he would soon be ready for a jumper activity set.

On Sunday, armed with coupons and a good deal at Babies“R”Us, we set off to buy one. However, we had plans all day Sunday and didn’t get home till late so Chris was unable to put the jumper together.

IMG_1108

This afternoon I spied the box sitting awaiting Chris to come home from work to put it together. “But,” I thought, “I’m an intelligent and educated woman, I can certainly put this together.” Yes, I’m directionally challenged, yes I can be low on patience, yes I’m not exactly skilled in using tools, but I was still up for the task.

IMG_1105

Corbin laid on his playmate (which I put together I’ll have you know…ok it was attaching two poles to a piece of fabric, but I still put it together) and he cheered me on as I set out to accomplish the mission.

IMG_1102

My first task, opening the box; oh my word whatever kind of tape they used really taxed my muscles! But, I got it opened and dumped out the pieces. Now, I’m not a man, so the first thing I did was search out the directions. I opened the directions and after flipping through the whole book began to panic that there wasn’t an English version, but upon closer inspection there were English directions interspersed with two other languages. Seriously, one would think I could have spied the English words, but apparently not; this is when my confidence began to waiver and I began to wonder if could do this, but I was determined to succeed.

IMG_1106

I diligently followed the directions taking one step at a time and consulting with Corbin (you would be surprised at how much insight he has and he seems to really know how to guide me;). After only 20 minutes – that’s right ladies and gentlemen – only 20 minutes later (and a few broken nails, hurt toe because I might have dropped a massive piece on it, and a few choice words spoken very very quietly under my breath so Corbin could not hear) I had the jumper put together! And not only put together, but it appeared to be put together correctly and looked like the picture in the box!

Now, it was time to put Corbin in.

IMG_1113

Too bad his feet don’t touch, but he seemed to like it.

IMG_1109

IMG_1123

IMG_1133

Upon closer inspection of the directions they recommend that the child’s toes do touch the ground, so I thought I would try and remedy the situation. Look, I went to all that trouble to put the toy together, my child is going to be using it. So, I put my books to good use and for now it works as a temporary solution until I can either think of something better or he grows taller. Come on Corby grow, momma wants to see you jump…I worked hard to put this together and gosh darn it you’re going to like it and use it everyday;)

IMG_1132

No comments:

Post a Comment