Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Stroller…Again

Ahh, the drama of our stroller continues. If you will remember back with me to a few months ago; there was a post about a certain mom (me) who thought she had put the stroller brakes on, but hadn’t and a certain baby (Corbin) went rolling down the driveway. Well, now we can add another thing to our list of new discoveries about the stroller.

Time for one of my favorite games; can you spot the difference between these two pictures. Hint look closely at the stroller.

That’s right one of them has a drink holder up front and the other doesn’t.

IMG_1207IMG_1210

Previously our stroller looked like the first picture and now it looks like the second. Why? Because of this…

We were at a store recently, checking out, when behind us stood a couple with our exact same stroller. However, theirs looked slightly different, they had the drink holder up front. I of course had to ask the couple about the tray. They informed me that the car seat snapped into the drink holder up front and held it into place.

I proceeded to tell them our story about having the same stroller, but not putting that holder on, blah, blah, blah…I’m a word vomiter, I can’t help it! Poor Chris was mortified and just wanted to leave, but I was very excited about this discovery. I’ve been saying for awhile that I thought his car seat seemed a little unstable in the stroller and it would tip forward, not dangerously so, but noticeable so, and I just thought it was odd. But, I’m no hiking momma out on the trails of some mammoth steep path, so for the flat paths and roads that we walk it’s always been ok.

But now, now we have added the drink holder (which we thought wouldn’t be put on till he was older because we thought that its use was to hold drinks. Not to ensure the safety of our child. They really really need to highlight that in the directions) and the car seat is SO much more secure!

Wow, who knew a cup holder could be so important? Now that he is so secure maybe I’ll have to find some steep hills and start “off roading” with the stroller….

IMG_1205

No comments:

Post a Comment