Saturday, August 14, 2010

4 Months

IMG_1187

“Excellent, I’m 4 months old! Only a few months away from my world domination.”

Believe it or not this little guy turned 4 months old Friday.  He is certainly growing and changing each day. 

Because I have mad skills at poetry I have composed an acrostic poem with some of Corbin’s 4 month highlighted abilities.  Please note this does not encompass all of his charms, talents, and capabilities, but I only have so much room and time.  And I’m sure you only have so much patience and tolerance to hear me ramble on and on about Corby’s wonderfulness;)

Clutching and grabbing objects

Occasionally rolling from tummy to back

Really working hard to sit up

Babbling, blowing bubbles, and a constant fountain of spit

In control of his head when being sat up and holding it up to 90 degrees on the floor

Noticeable curious about the world around him

He went to the doctor on Friday and we have received his official stats:

25.5 inches long (although I’m positive the nurse said 26 inches long, but she then wrote it down incorrectly, but I could be wrong…it’s been known to happen OCCASIONALLY.  Chris, me being occasionally wrong  is accurate:)

IMG_1161


14.5 pounds

IMG_1159


Here Corbin is all dressed up to go to the doctor.

IMG_1149

”What a big boy am I. So handsome, so smooth…what mom?”

IMG_1154
“What?!?  Are you kidding me mom?  Big boys have to get shots.  Well maybe I don’t want to be so big after all.”

Regardless of how Corbin was feeling he did have his shots but he didn’t act like such a big boy.  He howled and cried for a good 3-5 minutes after (if I was prone to exaggeration and good thing I’m not.  I would say that he howled and cried for 10-15 minutes after…it felt that long when everyone in the place I’m sure could hear him).

He also has been experiencing a small fever since his shots and been sleeping a lot.  So, he’s had a slight reaction to them, but I’m sure he’ll be doing just fine in a day a two.  Gosh, 4 months is tough;)

Happy 4 months Corbin!

IMG_1188

No comments:

Post a Comment