Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Nod and a Grin to a Love of my Life

 

I have some loves of my life; Corbin, Chris, and God. However, I have recently reunited with another one of my loves…Dr. Pepper. Since I’m no longer pregnant, Dr. Pepper and I have grown close once again. I know, I know pop is full of sugar, empty liquid calories, and there are no healthy redeeming qualities. I am aware of these facts, but I don’t care. My one Dr. Pepper a day is a love that can’t be broken.

There is nothing like cracking open a can of cold delicious goodness to make me happy. If my will power holds out right around 3:00 (when Corbin is asleep), I sit in my living room with a cold can of DP, crack it open, and take that first life giving swallow. I sit and revel in the silence and enjoy every drop of the sweet, amber liquid that flows from the can.

This is one love that I’m not trying to pass on to Corbin, but if he does end up loving Dr. Pepper I can’t fault him for it…it’s too good to resist!  Corbin decided to help me out and model the different ways the oh so delicious Dr. Pepper can be offered:

Dr. Pepper can come from a 2-liter, but let’s face it after the first day that wonderful fizz and peppy taste fades. By the second day and then by the third the Dr. Pepper is not nearly as zesty as it once was.

IMG_0912

As for a 24 oz bottle there is something to be said for having that much Dr. Pepper to drink in one day, but unless you continually take the bottle back to the fridge, it never stays as cold as I would like.

IMG_0913

But a can, a can is perfection. It’s one serving that retains it coolness through the whole drinking experience. A cold can of Dr. Pepper is one of my loves in life. DP has never failed to put a smile on my face, a spring in my step, and a satisfying sigh to my breath.  Despite what the day has been like my Dr. Pepper is always there to lift me up, ahhh…

IMG_0918

I love you Dr. Pepper!

1 comment: