Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Extra! Extra!

Yesterday Corbin and I  made a day trip to eat lunch with a dear friend and visit the grandparents.  After our lunch date and before the grandparents got off work we had some time.  So we hopped over to a local museum to play.

Corbin went to school!  I love seeing him sit behind a desk.  I am a teacher mom, what can I say? I love school:)

WP_20130108_006WP_20130108_004

Apparently, at school Corbin learned how to drive because he became the captain of a boat.

WP_20130108_002

But I’m sure due to his lack of knowledge on driving and water safety he made some major infractions and ended up in jail!  (He didn’t understand that jail was a bad place and continued to smile and say cheese for the jail pictures.  I final gave up trying to convince him of the evils that lurk inside a jail cell.  We are all praying he never sees the inside of one of these for real….no really, we are praying for him;)

WP_20130108_011

After I bailed him out of jail (I know, what a nice mom) he went to an Indian reservation to take some time to reflect and get back to the basics, like playing the drum.

WP_20130108_015

Finally, he found his way home and decided to stock up on groceries.  Whew, what an adventure.

WP_20130108_018WP_20130108_010

But it didn’t stop there!  A photographer from the newspaper came by to take some pictures of kids playing at the museum.  And guess what? 

Corbin made the newspaper this morning.  It was only a picture with a small caption, but whatever….he made the local news…for something good.  Here’s the picture:

Corbin Williams, 2, puts away his groceries as he plays in the Oodleplex room Tuesday at the Reno County Museum. (Travis Morisse/The Hutchinson News)

This is one for the baby books! (Which means I need to get that caught up to his 2nd year of life.  And why is it that the “baby book” I have goes up until kindergarten!?!  Had I looked more closely I would have found a baby book with lower expectations…ones I could live up to;)

What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment