Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Girl Thing

Corbin has a new fascination: my makeup.  He races into the bathroom every morning and asks “Have you done the girl thing yet?”  I usually haven’t even taken a shower and so I promise him I’ll let him know when I get to that point.

IMG_7305[1]

But calling him back to the bathroom is usually unnecessary.  When he hears the hair dryer turn off he knows I’m close and he comes running in.  I tell him I still have a few minutes before I put on my make up but he is insistent that he will wait because he doesn’t want to miss “the girl thing”.

IMG_7297[1]

Once I start my makeup routine he happily chatters on to something of this effect:

“I love makeup!  But I’m a boy and I don’t wear it, but I looooove it.  Mommy, I like this girl thing.”

It’s very important to note that he is aware that he is a boy and boys don’t wear makeup.  When his fascination first began this was a fuzzy concept.  He thought he would wear makeup as well.  Umm, pretty sure your Daddy would not be so happy about that one;0  So it was a great learning opportunity to learn SOME differences about girls and boys.  (The other differences I’ll leave for Dad to explain…I don’t want to take away all the fun jobs;)

IMG_7298[1]

Oh Corbin what am I going to do with you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment