Friday, January 4, 2013

Corbin’s Words

So my two year old continues to dole out words of “wisdom”, advice, and opinions on a daily bases.  Here are a few we’ve heard around here in the last month or so:

Me:  “You’re my baby!”

Corbin: “I'm not a baby.  I’m a big boy”.

Strange you would say that Corbin because at nap time you adamantly refuse to acknowledge you are a big boy and cry tears of sadness for your beloved paci.  So I guess being a big boy is an optional title for when it fits your needs.  Sadly I can relate;)

 

Me:  “Hey, Corbie!”

Corbin:  “My name is Corbin. C-O-R-B-I-N…Corbin.”

Okay than. Should I add a Mr. with that name?

 

Me: “I’m going to get some more (name a food).”

Corbin:  “Mom, I don’t think you should have more.”

What?!?!  What does that mean?  Do you think I should start questioning the motives of my two year old?  Is he trying to tell me something about my weight, my eating habits…or should I just let that comment go;)

 

Corbin: “We need a plan for today.  Where are we going?”

Apparently, I need to buy him a day planner because this child loves to know every move of our day.  But really who doesn’t love a plan!  So, each morning at breakfast we map out the day and most of the time he approves the plan;)

That’s what we’ve been hearing around our house minus the talk about his dislike of how poop smells, his need for privacy when he poops so he now shuts the door, and how he toots.  But I figured those detailed conversations were best left undocumented.  Oh my….boys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment