Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What the What Wednesday

Chris likes to get the mail.  It’s just his thing.  I could go days without checking, but he feels the need to check the mailbox daily. 

So it was a rare occurrence that Corbin and I decided to walk down to our community mailbox and actually get the mail.  I grabbed my “special” set of keys (these are the keys that are rarely used and are not with my car keys) and we headed off.

When we got to the mailboxes I actually had to think very hard about what our box number was, but I thought I had it remembered so I reached for the mailbox key.  Umm, only one looked vaguely familiar so I tried it and it didn’t work.  Thinking I had the wrong box I tried the other adjacent boxes.  Nope.

I sat for probably about 5 minutes trying every key on my “special” ring.  I put every key in the box I thought was ours and the one below and above.  At times I was actually shaking the box because keys were getting stuck or I was physically trying that hard to get them to turn.

Well I finally gave up and we walked back home.  When Chris came home (with the mail) I asked him about my key.  I was then informed that he had moved the key from the “special” ring to my car ring.  What the what?  A whole extra key had been on my car ring for months and I didn’t even notice!

Apparently he moved it so that on the off chance he had my car keys he could still get the mail.  What the what!?!

1 comment: