Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fair Fun

I’m not a fan of the state fair.  There is little there that appeals to me and it’s usually SO hot.  But this year our church choir was asked to sing at a service on 9/11 at the fair.  So since Chris is in the choir we packed up and headed to the fair with Grandma and Grandpa as well.

IMG_1980

To my great surprise and delight I actually had fun!  I must say the fair is much more enjoyable with Corbin. 

We went around and saw many of the animals including pigs, cows, sheep, and the very noisy chickens and ducks.

IMG_1963

Of course any moving or nonmoving vehicle got Corbin’s attention.  From trains to tractors, cars to mowers, trucks to trailers we stopped and looked at them all:)

IMG_1968

IMG_1974

But my favorite part of the day was an agricultural exhibit that had many hands-on activities for the kiddos.  We all enjoyed watching Corbin explore this area. 

He put his hands in with some seeds, cotton, and corn to see what they felt like.

IMG_1976IMG_1978

Then it was off to milk a cow…mooo! (Grandpa was the real expert and showed us how it was done.)

IMG_1987IMG_1983IMG_2011

Finally, Corbin saddled up and went on a ride!

IMG_2000

So although I may not still be a huge fan of the fair I will definitely go again next year because Corbin made it so much fun!

IMG_1982

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it was a good time. It is a whole new experience seeing the fair through the eyes of a kiddo. The night lights of the midway are another huge hit in our house as well. Sorry we just saw you in passing.

    ReplyDelete