Friday, May 10, 2013

The House of Books

Yesterday I walked into Corbin’s room to get him from his quiet time and I saw this:

WP_20130509_001

He had built our house out of books.  It actually looked really cool and I was impressed with his creativity.  We’d never done anything like that.

I even got a grand tour.  There is his room, mom and dad’s room, windows, a kitchen, and wait for it…a sump pump.  This kid is obsessed with those lately.  I know it’s odd, but who am I to judge;)

WP_20130509_004

But what I liked the most was his reflection about this project.  He told me that it was really hard to build and that he had to keep trying to get it built.

Oh yeah Corbin!  Those are attributes I always want him to carry with him: hard work and perseverance.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I love this post! It makes my librarian heart happy.

    2. Where did you get the library job?! I need details! Somehow I misplaced your e-mail address - meganbkohlman (at) gmail

    3. I find it funny that you corrected your grammar on your comments. It's completely something I would do.

    ReplyDelete