Friday, May 17, 2013

Standing Up

Sorry Corbin. I’m apologizing in advance for this post. This might be one, that as you get older you think I did not have to document, but I did.

We took the next step in potty training. I’d been putting it off because….I am a girl, I hadn’t thought about it, he’s always done it this way, why change?? 

For whatever the reason Corbin has never stood up to pee. I taught him how to go sitting down when the whole potty training experience started and it’s never changed from that.

Last week we visited Corbin’s preschool that he’ll be attending next year and we got onto the topic of bathrooms. Basically, the teachers don’t help the kids. No pulling down pants, no pulling up pants, no wiping…no help at all. Yikes! This mommy has been doing all of that.

So this led to operation “bathroom school ready”! That’s right, we have goals and missions in this house:)  I knew we had these summer months to get this kid trained and ready to use the bathroom all by himself.

I began with the pant pulling issue. After a little resistance – because hey, who wants to do the work when it’s always been done for you – he got that down fairly well.

Then we moved to the second phase: standing while peeing.  I handed this one off to Chris…I figured he was the expert in the house;) 

This new concept was met with crying and great resistance.  However, after a few days Corbin now can pee standing up.

Now I have another problem…he wants to pee ALL. THE. TIME.  He loves it!  Heck, I love it!  It’s SOOOO convenient and easy to have him standing.  Being a boy seems pretty good;)

So I’m happy to announce that I now have a 3 year old who can fully potty himself and stand while peeing.  I know, people….it’s amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment