Monday, March 11, 2013

Pinterest Told Me to Tell Her

No secret here, I love pursuing Pinterest!  There are so many interesting, creative, and wonderful ideas, recipes, tips, and projects to be found.

I’m a pinning fool!  If I like it, I pin it.  If it appeals to me, I pin it.  If I enjoy it, I pin.  Notice none of my items get pinned because I actually DO them.  No, no.  My following on Pinterest is purely for entertainment value;)  There’s little to no follow up with what I’ve pinned.

One day I was clicking along Pinterest and found this adorable crocheted sock monkey hat pattern.  But, I don’t crochet.  I have no interest in even picking up the needles and yarn to attempt such said project.

However, my mom does crochet.  So, I pinned this site with a note at the bottom that asked “Mom can you do this?”

See there was no pressure there.  I just presented a little challenge and wondered what would happen.  I never mentioned the pin.  I didn’t know if she had even seen it.

But then yesterday, she and my dad had Corbin for the weekend and they brought him back…wearing an adorable crocheted sock monkey hat!!

WP_20130310_013

It’s SO cute!

Pinterest told me to tell her.  It’s a new way to use Pinterest…pinning projects for other people to do for you…I’m on to something;0  I knew I liked you, Pinterest.

Thanks Mom, Corbin wears his monkey well.

**Here’s the website for the free pattern if you or someone you know is interested:  http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2012/11/crochet-sock-monkey-hat-pattern.html

No comments:

Post a Comment