Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bracketology 101

Every year there is a Williams Family NCAA bracket challenge.  I lose every year.

This year I was going to really sit down, read up on the teams, and educate myself.  Maybe then I would have a fighting chance to dominate the competition and claim a bracket victory.

That was my goal this morning: basketball research.  Yeah, after about 5 minutes of hard research I was done.  Blah, blah, blah was about all I got out of the articles.  I just didn’t care…it was really tedious reading and my whole enthusiasm to research died.  Unfortunately, my desire to win is still alive but I’m just going to have live with that:)

So instead of a well researched bracket I went back to my old tried and true method of looking at the little numbers that supposedly mean their rankings and also choosing what names I like.  Really, I can’t think of a better way to choose…numbers and names!

IMG_7533[1]

This is Corbin’s first year to fill out a bracket.  That was an interesting experience.  To start with I just gave him the names of the two teams playing each other and he picked one he liked.  But he tired of that after the first round.  So then we went to first letters that he liked for the next round.  The sweet 16 was all about the numbers.  He chose the ranking number he enjoyed the most.  The rest of the choices he pointed to the team names.  We’ll see how he does…it will be entertaining to follow his bracket:)

IMG_7532[1]

How’s your bracket shaping up?

IMG_7531[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment