Friday, March 22, 2013

Do the Turtle

In our house Corbin doesn’t plead for a horse ride.  He doesn’t beg to gallop.  Nope, he requests a turtle ride.

When Corbin was old enough to get on my back he would be so unsteady that I would crawl super slow with him.  I would like to point out that this was for his safety not because I was incapable of going faster.

IMG_7540[1]

My slow pace is a huge source of enjoyment and laughs for Chris.  He was the one to name my rides for Corbin “the turtle rides.”  And it stuck.  That’s what Corbin continues to asks for still today.

IMG_7537[1]

But really, I’m thrilled.  I’ve set the bar low for myself!  He doesn’t expect me to speed around the house on my hands and knees.  He doesn’t expect a crazy ride from me.  Nope, he’s content with the slow turtle ride that creeps along the ground at a pace that’s pleasing to me…and my “old” knees and arms (see an age theme with my posts this week;)

IMG_7542[1]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You should all be thanking me.  If Corbin asks YOU for a ride, just tell him you can do “the turtle” and he’ll be thrilled…..I’ve set the bar low…you can all reach the turtle level;)

No comments:

Post a Comment