Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Park is Fun?

Corbin in underwear has made going out different.  I now always locate and know the quickest routes to bathrooms. I carry a plastic sack and extra clothing options just in case an accident should occur. And I occasionally tote around the potty chair to different events if I know a bathroom is inaccessible.

I’ve been prepared, until yesterday.

After nap we walked the few blocks down to our neighborhood park.  I thought “what fun we’ll have spending the afternoon playing!” Yeah, not so much.  Corbin got to the park and climbed to the top of the slide, sat down, and he promptly said “I have to pee.”  What!?!  Ok, so my mind goes to the easiest option for a boy: head for the trees. 

Corbin slides down, we run to the trees (as we are doing this I tell him we are going to do something we do NOT usually do), and then I pull down his pants and tell him to pee.  “No, mommy, not here, on the potty.  We pee on the potty.”  Oh my goodness, I have the child who does not want to pee on the trees and who does not think this would be fun for other little boys.  Ok, I’m glad you know we pee on the potty, however let’s take a moment to side note that, although Corbin knows that he’s supposed to pee and poop on the potty, he has yet to actually poop in the potty. So really, I don’t think he should be so hard to judge me for wanting him to pee in the trees when he will poop in his pants. Just saying.

So, my only other option: run home.  And I do.  I scoop the kid up begin the trek home.  On the way, Corbin asks “Mommy what’s wrong?”  Umm, let’s see, what’s wrong?  Well, Mommy is walking/jogging a 27 pound child who could have a major bladder explosion at any time.  Yup, that could be the “problem”.

Luckily we made it home.  He peed in the potty.  And then we went back to the park.  But once we got to the park the second time, he didn’t want to be there.  Seriously, he whined about being there.  Well you can bet your last penny we were NOT leaving for awhile. I had just went through quite an ordeal to be here…we were STAYING at the park and having fun.  So he sat and cried for little while, but then he decided since he was stuck there he might as well play. 

Oh my, what fun we had at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment