Friday, July 29, 2011

Sensory Tub

I have been reading on blogs about other people who have created sensory tubs. Basically, a sensory tub is filled with an object (rice, beans, water, etc) that kids can play with to experience different textures.

So I thought "why not try it out?" I bought a tub, a couple of bags of rice and put together a sensory tub.

IMG_1471

Corbin enjoyed playing in it. He liked to throw the rice out of the tub. Thankfully, we were outside so it didn’t really matter.


IMG_1483

He also liked to dig and find cars I would hide underneath the rice. Although I have to say I use the term "digging" loosely. Corbin didn’t completely understand the concept of digging. He was trying to take handfuls of rice and throw it out of the tub to uncover a car.


IMG_1480

Overall, the tub provides some entertainment and something different to play with when we are outside.

IMG_1476

No comments:

Post a Comment