Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lemonade Cake

I took this dessert out to the lake and it was a delightful way to end a meal.  Yummy!

recipe photo

(I forgot to take any pictures of mine before it was all gone…oops!)

INGREDIENTS

1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® lemon  cake mix (make sure you have the oil and eggs on hand as directed by the box)

1 can (6 oz) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed

3/4 cup powdered sugar

1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped lemon frosting (I couldn’t find whipped so I just used regular lemon frosting)

DIRECTIONS

Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool 15 minutes.

  1. Mix lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar. Pierce top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking. Drizzle lemonade mixture evenly over top of cake. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
  2. Spread frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle with sugar. (I did not add the sugar) Store covered in refrigerator.

Makes 12 servings

Thanks Betty Crocker…you’ve again given me a great and simple recipe.  Where would I be without you?

1 comment: