Friday, August 26, 2011

Recommendation

One of my bible studies just finished reading Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow and loved it! This is the first book I have done in a bible study that I enjoyed from cover to cover. Every single chapter offered something for me to think about, reflect on, and work to improve on.

IMG_1728

The book’s premise is finding contentment. The chapters deal with contentment in our circumstances, with ourselves, our roles, relationships, and dealing with the what ifs and whys of life. Every chapter is steeped in bible verses and practical knowledge drawn from the author’s life. There is a guide in the back of each chapter that extends your thinking to push you and apply what’s been read to your own life.

IMG_1729

I highly recommend this book for a self-study or a small group. I truly think this book is convicting and will change the way you think about your thoughts.

Contentment lies in our faith of God and this book will challenge you to look at your faith; is it an intellectual faith or is it a faith owned by you in your heart that you rely on? “Our faith is a serious issue with God. He wants us to trust Him no matter what our situation is, no matter what our portion.”

IMG_1731

No comments:

Post a Comment