Monday, August 8, 2011

Nature Center

Corbin and I headed to a nearby nature center to check out their indoor exhibits.

I had been there a couple of times with my first graders as a field trip, but that’s been awhile and I wasn’t sure what we would find to interest Corbin.  But, I was surprised to see that there were many things to look at, touch, and feel that held his attention.

WP_000056

WP_000055

The prairie exhibit was interesting.         Corbin kept checking the bison out.  Not sure what he thought of it:)

WP_000062

WP_000063

There were a variety of animal furs to touch.  I’m not going to lie this was NOT my favorite.  I took one for the team and lightly touched the furs to encourage Corbin to do so as well.  I don’t think he enjoyed what he was touching either.  He did not give them more then a fingertip brush.  I can’t blame him…yuck!

WP_000076

Corbin loved pushing the buttons and seeing the animals light up as well as the noises they make.  He was very excited to see the lights flash on after he pushed a button.  The small joys of “cause and effect”!

WP_000078

Corbin lounged by a tree stump for awhile to gear up for his FAVORITE exhibit:

WP_000048

 

WP_000050

WP_000051

…the fish tank!  Corbin stood by those fish pointing, babbling, and giggling for several minutes.  It was super fun to watch and made me think we might need to get some fish at home if he’s that entertained by them. 

We will definitely be heading back to the nature center again!

No comments:

Post a Comment