Friday, May 28, 2010

When It’s Your Child

 

They say that when it’s your child changing diapers won’t be bad. Or when it’s your child cleaning up vomit will be ok. Or when it’s your child (and insert any bodily fluid at this point) you’ll be fine with it.  Well now having my own child I can tell you that when it’s your child it’s still nasty!  Don’t listen to whoever “they” are because when it’s your child it’s still gross.

I had to change a poopy Corbin diaper today and about vomited.  Seriously, it was SOOOO gross.  I had to stop several times and turn my head far away to find fresh air.  I gave myself pep talks “You can do this! Come on keep going!”  I never thought a pep talk to myself would be necessary to change a diaper, but apparently it is.  How such a tiny person can create such a foul order I will never know. 

The kicker of that diaper change was that he sat there and smiled.  Yup, this child knew my pain and enjoyed watching me struggle.  I can’t wait to see what Corbin is like as he grows up.  I think ornery will be the word to best describe him.

So, in summary: when it’s your child changing diapers will still be gross, and it doesn’t make it better or more bearable just because it’s your child.  The only reason we do these things is because we have to, and when it’s your child you do these things because you love them.

IMG_0303

IMG_0302

1 comment: