Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Experiences…for Mom and Corbin

 

Today was an exciting day of firsts.

It began this morning when I woke up at 6:30 and it was the ONLY time I woke up.  Corbin slept through the night from 9:30 to 5:45.  Which leads me to another first.  How was Corbin awake at 5:45 and I didn’t get up until 6:30?  Chris heard him BEFORE I did and managed to get up, take the baby monitor and get Corbin all BEFORE I awoke.  Whaoo!

(Corbin is showing you how happy he is to have slept through the night)

IMG_0239

 

This morning as I was getting Corbin ready to go out and run errands I decided that he should wear shoes. So, for the first time Corbin sported shoes..adorable!  (He needs to start wearing them because he literally has 6 pairs of shoes.  I’m not joking, what baby needs 6 pairs of shoes….he might have more shoes then Chris.  Oh no wait, Chris has a closet full of shoes that are not often worn, so I guess father like son already;) 

IMG_0245

And finally, to top off our day of firsts Corbin had an explosion of bodily fluids all at the SAME time.  (Please note the emphasizes on same).  The diaper change began as any other. I was in the middle of wiping him when BAM a torrent of poop erupts, while a stream of pee began to flow, and a gush of spit up emerged.  Yup, all three happened at the same time.  Now I’m sure this is not what God intended or He would have equipped me with 3 arms, but seeing as I only have 2 arms I just stood in awe and watched it all happen.  What was I to do? Since I couldn’t stop all three I decided to watch it play out and deal with the consequences later.  And boy did I have consequences…1 outfit change for mom and Corbin, new changing pad cover, and bottle of 409 to deal with what was on the walls.

Nope, no one can prepare you for motherhood!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious!!!! I remember those times. It is a disaster when it happens, but all you can do is just laugh and enjoy the memories you are making. Corbin looks so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete