Saturday, May 15, 2010

Runaway Stroller

I’m sure as Corbin grows up there will be moments that I’m not proud of, that I wish I could do over or take back.  Well, I think that I have already succeeded in accomplishing one of those moments already in his young life.

On a beautiful sunny day Corbin and I decided to take a walk.  So, I got him ready, me ready, and I strapped him in his stroller.  20 minutes later we were ready to go.  (Really 20 minutes, it just shouldn’t take that long to get ready for a walk, but it did!)

Outside, I pushed his stroller out by the garage and turned around to enter in the code to close the garage door.  Out of the corner of my eye I see movement and I turn to see what it was.  To my unbelieving eyes I see a tan stroller rolling down the drive. That’s right, my stroller, with my precious baby in it, was hurtling down the driveway headed toward the street!

I sprinted down the drive with my arms waving and yelling like a crazy woman all the way.  I finally reached the stroller and caught it feet from the street.  Fearfully, I looked into the stroller knowing I would see a terrified face and a look in his eyes that said “how could you mom?”, but no instead I saw this…IMG_0199

So maybe I avoided scarring him for life this time, but I’m sure I’ll have plenty of other opportunities for that. ;)

Oh to add insult to injury after I caught the stroller and checked on the baby, I looked around hoping no one had witnessed this “great” moment.  But oh no, I had an audience.  An old man down the street gave me what looked to be a glaring look of disbelief, and a small hoard of high school runners were also coming my way.  They passed as I was standing there gathering myself and I saw one guy whip out his cell phone and start texting. I’m sure he was posting a tweet about me.  So if you run across a tweet about a crazy woman and a stroller that would be me. :)

IMG_0198

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! That takes a lot of gumption to share, but of course truth is, we've all had moments like that (or several:(. Kayli has an angel book that has pictures of unseen angels helping and protecting little babies and toddlers-must be true! Just wait until he starts crawling...
    Erika

    ReplyDelete