Monday, May 17, 2010

Splish Splash

 

Splish splash Corbin took his first bath late on a Saturday afternoon. 

As his bath was being prepared he lounged in one of his robes and happily awaited.IMG_0222

Corbin was very excited to get in that bath!  He couldn’t contain his excitement as witnessed by this gleeful expression below.IMG_0224

But then reality hit.  We put him slowly in the water and his face turned from happiness, to confusion, to pure panic and terror.

IMG_0226

IMG_0225

By the time he hit pure panic and terror we were not focused on taking pictures, so there is no documentation of that stage.  I think by that time I was in pure panic as well.  Bathing an infant is scary!  When they are wet and naked they are slippery and I was terrified I was going to let him slide down into the water.  But, he is alive, well, and clean.

I’m not sure when he will be clean again…bath time has not become fun time yet:). 

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree. We bathed Hud like five times in the first 3 months. My parents were grossed out. But it is tricky and how dirty do the wrapped up little babies get anyways???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. It took Jaycee a couple of months before she started to like baths. Hang in there you'll get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete