Monday, January 26, 2015

Sick, Serving, Sequence

It happened. Only a month after being sick with a cold I got it again. Well, I should say Chris and Corbin got sick and infected me. And apparently this year, whenever I get a cold I also lose my voice. Not good, my friends.  When your job is teaching, not having a voice is never great.

I spent Friday in bed and the rest of the weekend resting when I could and whispering. Not fun.

On Saturday, Chris and I had committed to paint parts of our church with some other “young adults” (that’s the term given to us by the church…but I’m not sure it’s accurate…hey, I’ll take it).

So, even though I wasn’t feeling great, we went, we painted, and it was fun. For lunch we tried a fairly new restaurant: Pie Five. It’s a make your own pizza place that has a gluten free option! I was very impressed and loved my pizza.

Mandy Harmon's photo.

Mandy Harmon's photo.

Mandy Harmon's photo.

Sequence was also a big part of the weekend, but it’s really a big part of our life nowWinking smile  Every night after dinner if we are home we play Sequence.  Any day off, we play Sequence.  But, I love playing games and this game, Sequence for Kids, is great!

It helps teach strategy, patience, and the whole idea of how to be a good winner and loser.  Corbin has made a ton of progress on that last one….praise Jesus!

There is no lack of emotion in this game. It is serious stuff!

It begins with deep concentration…

20150126_001903635_iOS

there is always anticipation and excitement waiting for his turn…

20150126_001149186_iOS

and then there might be the agony of defeat….

20150126_001608806_iOS

or the thrill of victory!

20150126_001602570_iOS

Sickness, Serving, and Sequence sums up our weekend.

I’m hoping for a lot less of one of those three in the following weeks.  I’ll let you decide which oneWinking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment