Saturday, January 10, 2015

Oops

Sometimes in life the convenient and comfortable way of doing things is not always the best.

Sometimes technology that is intended to help can harm.

Sometimes necessity drives us to do unusual things.

Those words of wisdom all relate to the “lock down” incident that happened this past week.

It was Wednesday after school. Corbin and I came out to the car after I picked him up from preschool. It was SO cold that day, think temperatures in the teens and negative wind chills. So, I had him quickly hop in and slide over to his car seat while I shut the door so I could strap him from inside the comforts of the car.

After strapping him in I turned and opened the door. Except when I thought the door would open it didn’t, and instead my head hit the door window…what?!?!

Do you ever have a brief moment of sheer panic? I did. It was heart stopping, breath taking panic. I couldn’t get the doors to unlock manually. But I quickly came to my senses and knew I wasn’t truly trapped in this car. I had forgotten that the child locks had been turned on; therefore, you can’t get out of the doors from the backseat.

Well, that’s not helpful when it’s an adult in the backseat. I only had one option. To wiggle and crawl my way up to the driver seat.

I quickly scanned the parking lot and saw a limited amount of people, folded myself in half, tumbled, twisted, and worked my way over the console, my legs under the driver seat and the rest of my body into the seat.

It was not pretty, it was not graceful, but it got the job done. Corbin was giggling the whole time.

Will I forget about the child locks again? No, no I will not….until I do and I am stuck in the back again…

No comments:

Post a Comment