Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

We had our 2nd annual “Early Bird” New Year’s Eve gathering.  Since many of our friends, like us, have small children, staying up until midnight and then getting up at the crack of dawn is unappealing at this phase of life.

So, we start early, like 5:30, do supper and games and the kids play.  Then around 9:00 or so, everyone heads off for bedtimes. 

It has worked out well for us and we probably will continue to do it for a few more years. We had a great time and so did the kids!

As for New Year’s Day we have our tradition, ready it’s big….we eat a TON of snack foods ALL day long, stay in our PJs ALL day long and watch football most of the day.

This is how we started the day and we ended the day pretty much the same way…it’s great!

20150101_142427368_iOS

We did take time to play a few family games.  Corbin loves Sequence for kids so that was played numerous times.  We colored, did a puzzle, played basketball, built a railroad track, and we watched How to Train Your Dragon when the football game (I don’t remember who was playing.  I was reading while the boys were watchingSmile) looked like it was going to be a definite win for one of the teams. 

Only after the movie, when the score was checked did we find out that it ended up being a 4th quarter nail biter and the team we were cheering for lost.  Oops! (My memory is kicking in and I believe it was Baylor vs. Michigan…if I’m wrong Chris will edit it laterSmile).

Chris and I ended the first day of the new year by watching Maze Runner.  It was an interesting movie that inspired me to read the series.  I usually read books before I see the movies and usually end up loving the books better than the movies.  So I’m anxious to compare the book with the movie and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment