Thursday, February 5, 2015

Really?

For the past couple of years I usually pick a word for the new year.  Well, this year I didn’t, but no worries the word picked me: SICK.

Oh. My. Goodness. I have never been sick so many times in recent memory. I was sick again Monday and Tuesday. I have already taken two sick days for the school year.  I averaged maybe one most other years.

By midmorning Monday my stomach started to hurt, by the evening it was painful, and by night I was doubled over in the worst pain of my life. 

I’ll spare you the details, but I had intestinal issues from every end. I was in so much pain that at one point I really thought I would need to go to the hospital. Chris was downstairs with his phone and I was upset writhing in bed. 

I sent him this text: “Need I”.  I could not even correct it to say me.  That was all I had in me.  I was shaking, dizzy, in SO much pain.  Did my husband come running….noooo. I waited….nothing. I was on the bathroom floor so I laid and yelled down the vent, “Chris, I need you.” Nada.

Finally, several minutes later Chris stumbles up, half asleep and asks “Did you need me?” Umm, yes!

Well, I got through it. I didn’t have to go to the hospital and somehow I survived the horrendous stomach bug of ‘15.  Which forever in our house will be labeled as the “Need I” sickness. 

But, other than the old news of being sick AGAIN, we’ve been busy living life. Lots of church activities, some get togethers, a birthday party, and maps. Corbin LOVES maps. Most often, right now, you can find him looking at a map or drawing his own.

Here are some pictures from my phone that I took of a few things.  There’s not a lot…remember my word for the year…yeah, I’ve been sick….A LOT:

20150202_173755789_iOS20150130_215635334_iOS20150130_220908486_iOS20150131_174938261_iOS20150202_173736782_iOS

Here’s praying for healthy months ahead!

1 comment: