Monday, February 23, 2015

Revolving Door

Pictures, how I want you, but how I forget to take you!  Someday I will have a plethora of pictures to add to my blogs, but for now I’m still learning to take pictures yet still be engaged in the activities. I can’t seem to do both yet.

This week our house has been a revolving door and it’s been fun! Monday night our neighbors came over for chili. There’s something nice about just texting each other to get together that night and hanging out. The kids played while the adults talked and it just made for a nice way to start the week.

We had church Tuesday night and then - of course - Wednesday we were at home because Corbin had a cold. I know, shocking that someone from our house was sick. Luckily it didn’t take him down for long.

By Friday he was ready to go again. We met a friend for lunch and enjoyed time together. Here’s Corbin all ready to go…I call this the “urban hunting” style:

20150220_145949776_iOS

So far our week had been pretty typical, but then Friday night came and the revolving door started spinning.

Chris’ brother, nephew, and Chris’ sister all came for supper that night. After that they hung out while I headed to my “book club”.  (I put this in quotes because it’s what we call ourselves, but we really just enjoy getting together. The book is talked about, but we also do a lot of other chatting!)

We read The Tipping Point this month. I loved it, but the group had mixed reviews.  I think you need to like reading case studies and informational text. The premise is about how small changes can create huge courses of change. It really got my wheels spinning and I’m already trying some small changes at school to hopefully increase reading among students. I think this information is super exciting.

I came home and the little boys were in bed and the adults hung out. Kati left that night while Brent and Collin stayed the night.

Saturday morning we fed Brent and Collin and they left late in the morning to go to a basketball game. Then Chris and I prepped for my mom’s birthday bash that afternoon.

My parents came that afternoon and then we met more family at the bowling alley.  We bowled and played arcade games.  It was a blast seeing the little boys bowl.  They beat us all…but in our defense, they had bumpers and ramps!

20150221_224012462_iOS20150221_220254240_iOS20150221_222338877_iOS

After bowling our little hearts out we all came back to the house for supper and cake.

My parents stayed the night and headed to early church service and Sunday School with us.  Then we went to an amazing brunch and stuffed ourselves silly.

That afternoon, after my parents left, we once again prepared for one more birthday. Chris’ grandmother’s birthday was on Sunday. She and Kati came over in the afternoon and stayed for supper.  We had a very relaxing afternoon hanging by the fireplace, talking, coloring, playing games, and then eating WAY too much that night. We had Mexican food, ice cream, and cake….those are hard things to eat in moderation. And trust me I didn’t even try….not even a little…it was embarrassing the amount of food I packed inSmile 

They left that night and finally at 7:00 Sunday night our door finally stopped moving. Although there was a lot going on and many people coming and going I wouldn’t have it any other way.  It was super fun to have family around and celebrate special people!

No comments:

Post a Comment