Monday, September 22, 2014

Random Tidbits

Last week at snack time, out of the blue Corbin asked me: 

“Mom, who do you think will be my mom when I grow up?” 

Puzzled, I said “I will always be your mom.” 

Corbin replies, “No, when I’m a dad who will be the mom?” 

I finally understood, he wanted to know who his wife was going to be.  Oh, honey, I have no idea, but I’m praying now that it’s someone I likeWinking smile

----

Corbin yells, “Ahhh, there’s a monster in my room!”

I had no idea, but I go into check…

20140921_083456_Android

 

Daddy, laid out his clothes this day.  How creative and startling to Corbin who was not expecting such a presentation when he walked into his room.

-----

I pulled out Scrabble today to use the tiles to build small words.  We started this, but he was fixated that our board needed to look JUST like the board on the box.

20140922_203205529_iOS

If you know anything about my child, you know that he is slight obsessive compulsive, so we ended up spending a lifetime of hours looking at the box and recreating the words.  My patience was hanging by a thin shred.

20140922_204226475_iOS

But, you do all know that Scrabble pieces do not stick and are very precariously placed on the board.  So, unfortunately, not minutes after taking the picture of the finished Scrabble board Corbin bumped it and tears ensued.  And my patience no longer hung by a thread; it was broken and I was done. 

Corbin stayed outside on our deck for awhile crying, screaming, yelling and hitting my deck furniture.  I’m sure the neighbors were alarmed.  But, at least it was all outside and I read a magazine.  All in a days good work of parentingSmile

I do want to note that Corbin came back in later, in a calm state, and started picking up the Scrabble pieces without being asked.  He redeemed himself…a little…I kid, he’s a great child with a few “learning” moments here and there; which just about sums up all of us!

----

“Corbin, would you like my help.”

“No, thanks” he says.

I can see he is getting frustrated, so I ask again.

“Mom, I said no.  No, no, no, no, no, but thanks.” 

He said it all so calmly and nicely, it was hilarious.  Point taken Corbin, you do not want my help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment