Thursday, September 11, 2014

Oh Corbin…

Here’s a few snippets of conversations and a glimpse of life with Corbin.

 

*This was said after a birthday supper:  “I have a tummy ache, but don’t worry about me, I’ll eat the cake.”

 

*Corbin: “I need this much paper.”

Me:  “Wow, that’s a lot.”

Corbin: “I’m making a bible, of course I need a lot of paper.”

Me:  No response…what do you say to that?

 

*Corbin: “I found a snake…a real one.”

Chris: Confirms this is true.

Me: Taking deep breaths.

Corbin: “Don’t worry mom, if the snake was inside I would make sure to protect you and get it out.”

Chris:  “I wouldn’t!”

Me: “Thank you Corbin for caring so much about mommy.  I’m sure Daddy would do the same thing and he’s just joking.”

Chris: Gives me a look like he’s really not.

Me:  I kinda think he would let the snake toy with me just to get my reaction before he did anything.  Pray no snake comes into the house or at least if it does Corbin is with me!

 

*Scenario: Corbin is having an “off” morning.  He’s cranky and just emotional.  He was having his latest melt down, I was at my end not knowing what to do.  So, I tell Corbin that I feel like I just need to pray for him.  I begin to pray aloud for Corbin and he promptly covers his ears and says: “MOMMA, DO NOT PRAY FOR ME.  STOP.  I’M  NOT LISTENING!” 

Ahh, the power of God convicting my little manWinking smile  I prayed through his protests and ear covers and I do think we all felt better after I said amen.  Or at the very least I got a good chuckle and a smile.  Which is exactly what I needed.  Prayer answered. 

Oh Corbin, what will you say next?

No comments:

Post a Comment