Monday, March 12, 2012

Not From Me…

Corbin has been saying some “gems” lately and all I know is he certainly did NOT learn them at home;)

Here are some precious words from our precious child:

“shoot, shoot, shoot” -- I guess I say that a lot.  Umm, it could be worse.

“all done”  -- This is said after every song, every long pause, or after a prayer at church…super!

“big girl” --  Chris will say this to me, in jest, if I’m being a baby about something (which I’m sure is very rare for me:) and apparently Corbin has decided to pick up the phrase…yea.

“no help” -- Ok mister (almost) 2 year old.  Momma’s help is already unwanted, however he conveniently wants my help when it’s time to clean up from playing. Hmm…

“park it” --  Honestly I have no idea where he got this from because I don’t think I say this, but he got it somewhere.  Anytime I’m in a parking lot looking for a space he yells “park it!”.  It’s both comical and slightly annoying.

“check out?” – From almost the beginning of a grocery store shopping trip to the end, every time I put something in the cart Corbin will ask this question and I usually have to respond with “not yet”, and this elicits great disappointment. 

This is just the tip of the iceberg from what I am sure I will be hearing from Corbin in the future and frankly that scares me to death!  Oh yes the phrase is true: Kids say the darndest things.

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! Too funny! Corbin- please do not completely spoil the chance of a sibling with the stuff you say. I wish I was around to hear him talking like this. Hang in there, Jenn.
    Deana

    ReplyDelete