Friday, January 7, 2011

Tunnel Vision

This blog is basically Corbin’s baby book because he really doesn’t have another one.  I have one sitting in the office semi-done, but it’s just too much like scrapbooking.  I’m SO unmotivated to add information and pictures to it.  Although I know one day I’ll want to look back, so this is why I blog.  It’s all about Corbin.

However, when one forgets to blog about important details then…oops!  So, a big event in Corbin’s life has been happening for awhile. 

He’s been army crawling…since December.  Seriously, that’s been over a month and not one blog post has been dedicated to this!?!  What in the world.

Well, I’m here to say not only is Corbin army crawling, this week he officially began crawling “normally”.

So, in honor of this momentous occasion we turned his play mat into a tunnel (which it was made to do…it’s not some ghetto concoction that we created…although I’m certainly not against those:)

His first thought at going through the tunnel…

IMG_2269

“I’m sorry I don’t think I heard you right.  You want ME to go through THAT?  Umm, not so sure about that.”

So in attempts to bolster his confidence and see that the tunnel would not hurt him I tried to go through it.  Fortunately for me, no one else was home to witness this act and there is no photographic evidence of what occurred.  Let me tell you this momma does not fit in the tunnel, and attempting to was a bad idea.  We will just leave it at that.

So instead of ME demonstrating the act of actually going through the tunnel I drove one of his cars through.  After seeing that, he decided that yes he was brave enough and could attempt to go through the tunnel.  (So glad my attempt didn’t scare him off because frankly I think I would have been scared if I was watching!)

IMG_2265

“Here I go!  Must use my tongue to help me.”

IMG_2267

“How am I doing?  Am I getting close?”

IMG_2268

“Seriously, this tunnel is LONG!  I can’t believe I’m not through yet.”

IMG_2270

“I can’t make it….must have water.”

IMG_2271

“I’m smelling the sweet scent of victory!”

IMG_2274

“Sheesh, I’m exhausted.  Is it time for a nap?”

1 comment: