Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Low Rider

(In 1975 the band War wrote a song called “Low Rider”.  If you are familiar with that song, that’s how I intended the title of this post to be said. It sounds better that way!  But, if you don’t know it, just say it slow and draw out each syllable...that will closely replicate this highly acclaimed song lyric;)

Ok, so why low rider?  Well, that story began on the day after Christmas.

Corbin had been laid down for his third nap, and at this age sometimes he takes a nap and sometimes he doesn’t.  (Let’s just say the loss of my third nap time is a topic for a whole other post.)  This particular day he just wasn’t having it ,and after about 20 minutes I decided to go in and check on him.

Nanoseconds after opening the door I called for Chris.  It was the serious “I need you NOW” call because I used all three of his names.  “Christopher Michael Williams…come here!  Look at what YOUR son is doing!”  Yes, the actions of Corbin could only be pinned on his father.  I certainly would never have done anything like this, so at times like these I always want to make sure and claim Corbin as Chris’ child.

IMG_2237

Chris came in and we stood and looked at Corbin, who was on his knees with half his body hanging over his crib rail looking down at where he’d throw his pacifier…yikes!

We had been talking earlier in the week about how we needed to lower his crib mattress.  I was thinking he might begin to explore what he could do in there.  Needless to say this episode threw us into action.  Right then and there we whipped Corbin out of the crib and Chris lowered that puppy to the lowest level.

So now, Corbin is in a low rider crib!

IMG_2235

No comments:

Post a Comment