Saturday, January 29, 2011

Shopping Cart Woes

When I went grocery shopping BC (before Corbin), I often had the misfortune of choosing the “mechanically challenged”  shopping carts. You know, the cart that always pulled to the left, the one that squeaked in that annoying high pitch sound, or perhaps the cart that had a rolling issue.

Well, now AC (after Corbin) not only do I have to avoid choosing the mechanically challenged carts I now also have the problem of trying to pick a cart that does not have seat belt issues.

IMG_2418

So I stand in front of a massive pile of carts trying to visually size them up.  Trying to see which cart, based off looks, will be able to roll and buckle correctly.  Let me just say this has been nearly an impossible task lately!

Point in case, this week I was at Wal-Mart.  I walked into the store and began to look at the cart choices. I chose one with high hopes that it was going to be perfect on the first try.

IMG_2415

I place Corbin in the cart try to buckle him, but alas the buckle will NOT buckle!

So, I give up and move on to the next cart. I put Corbin in the cart and buckle with success, but then I begin to move.  Bluck!  The cart barely moves faster than a turtle…stuck wheel!

The third cart I put Corbin into, believe it or not (and even I couldn’t believe it), did not buckle either!!

IMG_2414

You know at Wal-Mart, there is a greeter at the door and I’m sure this elderly woman thought I was crazy!

By the fourth cart I didn’t care if it buckled or moved, I was taking it.  I was willing to put Corbin’s safety in danger and drag that unwilling cart all around the store if need be because momma needed milk, eggs, and most importantly Dr. Pepper.  And you know when momma needs DP we are NOT leaving the store just because we could not find a willing cart!

Luckily I did not have to do anything extreme because this last cart buckled and moved albeit with a squeak.   

Wow, I’m exhausted just reliving the memory! 

Is it just me or do other people have the shopping cart woes too?

IMG_2413

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenn, It's not just you. It happens to me all the time. Love seeing that other share in my trials too. Looks like Corbin likes to shop.

    ReplyDelete