Monday, June 21, 2010

First Father’s Day

This weekend Chris and I prepared to host a father’s day feast for Chris’ family. Part of my preparation was to decide what Corbin was going to wear. I wanted Corbin and Chris to, not necessarily match, but coordinate.

Corbin had some cute plaid shorts with a polo that I wanted him to wear, but Chris did not have any plaid shorts. We were going to Target anyways, so I thought I would check out their clothes and see if I could find some for Chris.

At Target Chris and I went to the men’s section and there were tons of plaid shorts. We easily found a pair and in his size. Chris approved, I asked him to try them on, he declined, I sighed and hoped they would fit, but from experience I knew they probably would. He NEVER tries anything on, while I live in dressing rooms and usually end up coming out with nothing. Oh by the way, this “search” for plaid shorts took all of 2 minutes.

Chris asked me if I was going to get something for myself that was new and plaid. I stopped, looked at him and asked if he wanted to shop for 3 hours, go to multiple stores, and pray at each stop that I would find something I liked that would fit. He of course said no and as seen by our family father’s day picture I did not get anything new or plaid. Ahh, it’s tough being a woman when you have to find new clothes.

IMG_0483 IMG_0488

But, I digress this is not about my shopping woes, but about father’s day.

Chris’ family came over and we enjoyed wonderful steaks, nice conversation,

IMG_0498 

and lots of playing,

IMG_0511  IMG_0506

IMG_0510 

All in all it was a nice first father’s day for Chris.

IMG_0490

IMG_0482

 

              Happy Father’s day Daddy!

IMG_0492

1 comment:

  1. Corbin is so cute!! That last picture is a framer!! I am a big fan of the plaid shorts and coordinating outfits...Jeff says it is ridiculous, but I think it is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete