Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Swim Lessons–Private!?!

So, I signed up for another round of swim lessons.  I did it online like I have done several times before. However, this time I tried something new and ended up paying for it – literally!

I wanted to do semi-private lessons this time with Corbin.  That means there are two kids to one instructor.  I asked about these lessons and thought I understood I could sign up just Corbin. 

When we arrived on the day of our new session of swim lessons I was informed that I had to enroll two kids at one time for the semi-private lessons.  What!?!  Well, that stinks.  I had signed up weeks ago and thought someone would have caught this mistake, but nonetheless I was given two options.  Change times to do a group lesson or pay more (lots more) and do private.  So, I opened the checkbook and paid moreSad smile

Now, on the upside I LOVE the private lessons.  Corbin has one on one attention the lessons focus on skills that he needs.  For example, my child does well in many areas but kicking his legs is not a strong suit.  He always bends his knees and does like a jump kick.  I have repeatedly told him and tried to help him get straight legs, but I have had little luck.

Dallas, his swim instructor, worked with him today, almost the whole entire lesson on this and he’s definitely improving and getting the hang of a straight leg kick.  In swimming this important!  If he had been in a group this attention could not have been given to him.

Bless Dallas, he was patient and a good teacher.  He used a variety of techniques, modeling, and assisting to help Corbin understand.  But, I’m sure it was frustrating to work for 30 minutes on kicking…or maybe it was just me.  I had to stop watching because I felt myself getting frustratedWinking smile

So all in all, I had an expensive learning experience, but am really pleased with the opportunity.  Now I think we are spoiled though!  I don’t know if I can go back to group lessons after this…uh oh Chris…you might need to budget a little (or a lot) more for swimming lessons!

20140708_192631524_iOS

20140708_192417680_iOS

20140708_191735224_iOS

20140708_192003817_iOS

**These pictures were taken through a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment