Monday, July 28, 2014

I Need Those Too

Corbin has started to ride his bike really well.  So well, that he took a corner a little fast and had his first fall.  This ensued crying, overdramatic statements of never being fine again, and a little smidge of blood on his knee.

Ok, so after this incident I decided it was time to buy a helmet.  I had planned on doing that, but I was making sure that homeboy was committed to actually riding a bike.

20140728_153637053_iOS

We went to make the big purchase yesterday at Target.  We found a helmet and I was headed down the aisle to check out when I hear, “Mom, I need knee pads.”

20140728_154453674_iOS

What!?!  How do you even know about those.  Who gave you this idea.  You ride a bike WITH training wheels.  Do we need elbow pads and gloves as well?

Apparently, yes we do.  The only knee pads they had came in a pack with elbow pads and gloves.  I did not tell Corbin those came with it, so as far as he knows we only have knee pads.  (People, that’s plenty for now, so let’s keep this information quiet.)

Anyway, Corbin was thrilled because now his knees will not get scraped.  But isn’t that the rite of passage in learning to ride a bike?  Isn’t that the mark of your trials and triumphant? 

20140728_153442679_iOS

Oh well, I guess I’ll be the “good” mom on the block who decks her kid out with a helmet AND knee pads. I have a feeling the gloves and elbow pads won’t be far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment