Monday, July 14, 2014

Friends Forever

I am blessed to have friends from various stages of my life.  But, I have one group of friends since grade school.  We went all the way through high school together, some of us roomed together all through college, and even though we live in different areas now, we can still reconnect in a second.

Yesterday this group had to meet up for a tragic reason.  One of these friends lost their precious baby boy.  So, we reunited for a funeral.  Sad, so sad, but we all have the hope that Jesus provides which helps to know that he is in heaven.

In this tragic time, I also was struck at the fact that even though we all live separate lives in different areas and don’t see each other on a regular bases; when we need each other, we can count on each other to be there.

We know each others history, we know each others personality and quirks.  And we can still pick up where we left off.  We can hug each other and that can mean more than words.  We can say catch phrases or just a random thought that will mean something to us…that will bring back a memory and a smile.

My heart breaks for my dear friend who now has to find a new normal in her life and grapple with the death of her baby boy.  But, I feel so blessed that I have a group of friends, that I’ve known since grade school, to help each other out in all the storms and rainbows of life.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Jennifer and so so so wish I had been able to be there yesterday! I'm so glad you girls were able to be there for her! My heart just breaks for them and have been praying for them fervently since I heard. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete