Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine Treats

Since Corbin and I are enjoying our third snow day, I thought today was the day to be productive.  Enough laying in bed, playing games, building with blocks…it’s time to get busy!

With making Valentine treats for his little buddies at Ms. Erika’s.  So of course I turned to my trusty little Pinterest board and gave Corbin three choices.  Out of those he picked these (http://www.iheartnaptime.net/bag-kisses-valentine/):

because he is now a fan of chocolate.

So, we made a quick run to Target, got our Hershey's Kisses and began the process.

I did like that learning opportunities were built into this experience.  Corbin had to count ten Kisses into each bag.  We talked about different ways to make tens and how we could group them.  But let’s be real, by the third bag he was a little over it.  However, I said he had to stick with it.  So, with the help of some music Corbin powered through the difficult taskWinking smile

20140206_181633331_iOS

As he was doing that I printed off the labels, wrote his name, and cut them out.  (I too powered through this difficult job!)

Then instead of stapling the tags to the bags, we got Valentine stickers and adhered the tag with those. 

20140206_184010378_iOS

Here’s our final result.

20140206_185001614_iOS

They were easy and kid friendly to put together.  What did we do before Pinterest?

No comments:

Post a Comment