Saturday, August 24, 2013

Library Tour

For those asking and curious to know here’s a quick peek into my school library.

I went with a Dr. Seuss inspired theme.  I have his quotes around the walls and the Lorax inspired trees.  I also have a special area with a “readbox”. For now it’s stocked with some of my favorite books, but the kids will be adding their favorites to it soon.

This library was put together and finished before school started because of my awesome family.  Chris was a HUGE help and spent hours with me working on it.  But my parents, sister-in-law, mother-in-law, and Chris’ grandma also spent a whole day working tirelessly to help me put everything up.  Thank you SO much!

WP_20130822_011

WP_20130822_009

WP_20130822_008

WP_20130822_007

WP_20130822_005

WP_20130822_003

WP_20130822_001

WP_20130822_002

4 comments:

  1. HOLY Cow! That is awesome. I love the theme and the words. Did you craft all of those or get them somewhere? I'm way impressed. Just to hang the letters around the room must have taken a long time. I bet you set a strong precedence and feel for the upcoming year. Way to go. What a fun place to read, I'd come relax there anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find big letters to buys so I typed them, printed them and cut out the letters. My sweet dad hung up all the letters and it did take all day to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This is awesome. :) I'm feeling inspired to get on the decor in my library, and I might have to steal your READBOX idea... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to see how you decorated the library all year! This looks fantastic! I love the Dr. Suess theme and the readbox reading area looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete